DEC 9th

Dinner with Suzanne, Fabrics Galore and The Big D

Dinner with Suzanne Kasler

Hilarious!  Why post it?  Because it’s like the Bigfoot photo from the 1970′s…you can kind of see that it’s Bigfoot (or in my case, Suzanne Kasler and myself trading war stories over dessert at Blue) but you aren’t really sure.  Hell, with that crazy faux fur vest I have on, I COULD BE Bigfoot.

Anywho…Suzanne was in Charlotte to show her new fabric line for Lee Jofa and Scott Kravet threw a small dinner party in the wine room of Blue Restaurant to welcome her.

It was a really enjoyable evening and I am even more enamored of Suzanne than ever as I found her to be warm, funny and incredibly real.  It’s comforting that she shares the same issues as the rest of us in the design community.

The next day there was a luncheon at the new Kravet/Lee Jofa/Brunschwig Showroom and we got to see her new fabrics!  The new showroom is gorgeous and I can’t wait to work in there.  Casey, the manager, and her team did a great job putting it all together.

*photo courtesy of Jennifer Powell, Social Media Coordinator Kravet

From left:  Traci Zeller, Sarah Fisher from Matters of Style, Myself and Anita Holland

On to the goodies:  The collection was a mixture of transitional and classic.  Some old documents recolored and fresh new embroideries, wovens and prints made me excited.  I am liking seeing color again!  Even though I love my grays and grieges, I am drawn to the oranges, blues and wisteria/amethysts I am spotting.

Suzanne Kasler Fabrics “Castille” in Suzanne’s signature Quatrefoil.  This is a woven I can really use.  It’s a pattern but subtle.  Gorgeous hand to it too.   One of my favs.  I would love to do a pretty club chair in the orange.

“Montmartre”.  Unbelievable embroidered woven.  Deliciously colored.

“Crillion”. Lovely linen solids.  Beautifully saturated colors, which are hard to find in linen.

Mike Woodall, our rep showing the line while Suzanne explains her inspiration.  She travels quite a bit and explores antique shops and flea markets all which imprint upon her colors, pattern and scale.  (What do you think of my specs?  I am looking for another pair since I like to have a lot of glasses-these are kind of Orville Redenbacherish-which I dig).

Another amazing woven.

“Concorde”

“Regina”- Mike are you behind that beautiful pink print?

Laughter is life and those who know me know it’s kind of hard for me to be serious.  Even during a fabric presentation, sitting next to the designer of said fabrics.  I can’t help it, I like to laugh.  Suzanne does too.

“Meurice” in a delightful orange woven.  “Bristol” taffeta silk peeking out.  Really beautiful assortment of colors and the depth is great.

Going through the wings to pick my favorites for my studio…I couldn’t choose so my rep is sending me all of them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m on my way to the BIG “D” for a couple of days with Mr. V… Thank goodness for our family who stays with Beans and Digs so we can have a weekend getaway!

For Mr.V’s birthday, I arranged plane tickets, hotel and fantastic seats to see his beloved Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium.  I told him he could take any friend and he wisely chose me.  What a guy.  One of his friends said to me,”like he even had a choice!”

GO COWBOYS!  (I really wish I had bought those Frye boots now).

Then onto work in Charleston with one of my clients for a couple of days.

I hope you all have a great week getting ready for the holidays….

I leave you with a pic of me and the Beans on the Christmas tree lot.  I enjoy Christmas even more with a little one!

Enjoy,

@

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thanks for reading,

Follow Amy on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Need interior design services? Contact Amy.

20 Responses to Dinner with Suzanne, Fabrics Galore and The Big D

1. Have fun in the Big D! We will be there soon and would be more than happy to be game buddies if that means you’ll come visit.

That pic of you and Beans must be framed! Those are the little moments that tend to escape our memory.

2. Ellen says:

The “hairy” vest still reminds me of an outfit Cher wore…..well, you are too young to remember…..Have FUN!….smiles

3. I wish Suzanne was coming to Seattle for her new line. At least I got to meet her and see it at Market. It’s all so gorgeous! Have a great time in Dallas! I’m sure you will. xo

4. GJM says:

I like an interior design blog wherein the author finds a way to mention Bigfoot! If you can mention the Chupacabra in the next one, you’re in the Hall of Fame…

5. Mr. V says:

So glad you had such a good time at the dinner and luncheon. I think if you look very closely, you can spy Bumble (think claymation Rudolph) in the back of the tree lot.

6. Mr. V says:

And I love you with all of my heart – even if we weren’t about to watch the Cowboys paste the Giants live in Cowboys Stadium :)

7. Stacy Curran says:

Gorgeous fabrics!! And love the bigfoot reference!
    Stacy

8. Great post…and see you and your new “bestie” are real chummy, fur vest and all:) I also see you have a copycat in one of the pictures, and see someone else donning the look, you are such a trailblazer Amy! Love Suzannes line..I love that Castille and could so see that on a pair of club chairs and that Concorde is beautiful too…all stunning!
    Mr. V is a smart man indeed, and I bet you two will have a blast….enjoy!
    Very sweet pic of you and Beans, precious.

9. Susan says:

So much goodness in this post, love the photo of you & Beans, such a cutie! I am dying over you meeting Suzanne Kasler…wow. I see a few familiar faces & names, ah Charlotte! ;)

10. Lisa Mende says:

Sad I didn’t get to come to the event. Would have loved meeting you! Looked like a fun evening.

11. Pretty Pink Tulips says:

Amy,
    You are a beautiful “bigfoot”!!! What a treat and honor to dine and chat with Suzanne!!!! LOVE those new fabrics! Wow.

Now, you are hitting my favorite towns. Big D is my hometown…if you have time stop by Madison in HP Village and 4510 on McKinney! My favs. Mi Cocina for Tex Mex is a must. Sorry the Cowboys didn’t win….boo hoo.

Love Charleston. It is hands down mine and my husbands favorite city and we’re planning how we can get there this year.

Merry Monday!
    xoxo Elizabeth

12. designchic says:

What fun meeting Suzanne Kasler…such a treat and the fabrics are beyond gorgeous!! The picture with you and Beans is absolutely adorable ~

13. donna says:

Of all the gorgeous photos in this post, it’s the one of you and Beans I love the most! :)

14. It looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of you and Suzanne laughing. I also want samples of some of those fabrics. Love the blue and white Concorde.

15. Suzanne’s line is gorgeous. So many beautiful images.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Teresa
    xoxo

16. i’m with you, a girl has got to laugh! if given a choice; you or suzanne, it’s meeting you hands down, love nonsense and your sense of humor, big foot fashion forward and all
    debra

17. Look at you Ms. stylish (and you are funny too!), hanging with the best!

The “Concorde”fabric is stunning. Not too frilly – just the perfect amount of botanicals and the colors are right on.

I hope you are having a wonderful Getaway.

Your last image is precious! You are very blessed.

Mon

18. annechovie says:

Looks like fun, Amy! Thanks for sharing your interesting life with us!
    Have a great weekend. xo

19. I love all of those fun pictures … but my favorite is you and your little sweetheart. Just too precious!!!