DEC 11th

New Project Reveal – Amy Vermillion Interiors

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

It’s always nice to be able to post a new project!

This one is a living room I recently completed for some clients who are very busy and let me take the wheel.  She wanted an elegant, transitional look and asked me to use her existing rug- which I did gladly as it is beautiful.

Because the rest of her home is more colorful, we decided to create a calmer space with neutrals and pops of turquoise.

She has told me that she loves the space, has entertained several times since we finished and always gets rave reviews.

I can’t tell you how happy that makes me.

It’s great to get paid- but a client’s happiness with the end product is really what drives me.

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

The sofa was done in an antique velvet, the bench in a silk velvet.

I really like texture and woven fabrics to bring interest in a space.

The cocktail table has a patina silver leaf finish.

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

I had the mirror custom made with antique mirror and patina silver leaf frame to happily marry with the cocktail table.

Who doesn’t love an alabaster lamp?

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

The lamps (peeking out on the right) are fashioned from pottery and have linen shades.

That violin in the picture?

Priceless, antique and made me crazy to be in its vicinity.

I am a left handed Sagittarius (I break things easily) with a large insurance rider.

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

Beautiful embroidered linen on the pillow.

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

Lilies…I put them everywhere.

I adorn horn accessories.  This little box has a nice primitive contrast to the antique side table.

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

Embroidered silk velvet on the pillow and quatrefoil woven cotton for the chairs.

Amy Vermillion Interiors LLC - Charlotte NC- Foxcroft

Aren’t these hydrangeas something?

My client’s husband is an antique book collector so we made sure to put a little bit of him in the room too.

If you would like to see more of my interior design work, please visit my portfolio at www.amyvermillion.com

If you are interested in speaking to me about an interior design project, please contact me.

@

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thanks for reading,

Follow Amy on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Need interior design services? Contact Amy.

25 Responses to New Project Reveal – Amy Vermillion Interiors

1. Stunning Amy…such an elegant yet inviting space. Love the tonal feel…those rooms always have a way of “enveloping” you and making you want to nestle in and stay….beautifully done!

2. Goldie Stetten says:

I love all the fabrics you used! Especially the antique velvet, it is lucious. Is it actually an antique piece of fabric or are you referring to a style of velvet?

• Amy says:

Goldie,
      That is the style of velvet. It refers to the way the fabric is finished. Takes the nap and “roughs” it up a bit so it’s not quite as flat. Thanks for your comment!

3. Absolutely stunning Aim!!! Gorgeous! Love the layering, tonal palette, fresh feel, happy pops of colors, fun fabric patterns, and killer accessories ~which for me are often the hardest part. Fantastic!

4. Phyllis says:

The room is absolutely beautiful. I love your choices – the sofa fabric, the mirror, the horn box – all of it!
    All best,
    Phyllis

5. Nathan Copeland, Hickory Chair Company says:

Amy,

This living room looks awesome! Thank you for your partnership with Hickory Chair Company. I know your clients have to be pleased with the end result.

Sincerely,

Nathan

• Amy says:

Thanks Nathan! My clients love custom furniture and what I can do with it. I love all the custom capabilities-by the inch, change the arm, skirt, leg whatever!

6. Liz Carroll says:

Beautiful Amy! What an elegant and gorgeous space!!!

7. Amy….you are so talented….it looks wonderful! Don’t you love when a client says…..go for it and gives you total control……..

8. Jay Reardon says:

Your attention to your customers’ interests and incorporating them along with the other special details really makes a wonderful space to enjoy . Thank you for including our pieces in your vision.

9. It’s so pretty, Amy! Love!!! I’ve been hoarding memos of that quatrefoil fabric – just lovely. And if there’s someone who doesn’t like an alabaster lamp, well, I just don’t want to know about it. ;-)

10. Marianne says:

What a beautiful and tranquil space! Love that it takes the blood pressure down several notches! Your clients must be so thrilled with it.

11. Sarah says:

Gorgeous and magazine- worthy!!

12. you are a design rockstar amy! lucky clients, no make that smart clients to have engaged you. it is so important to listen to their needs and interests, and, the bottom line is their delight.
    btw; do you take the photographs, they are crisp, so crisp!
    xo
    debra

• Amy says:

You are a lovely person! Thank you so. I can’t take credit for these pics or anything for my portfolio…I always have one of my photogs. But, I do take some of the pics for the blog..
      Hope all is well my friend!

13. Geoffrey Martineau says:

This room is absolutely stunning, one of your very best– and what is more, you have taken a style I would call cool, relaxed, non-traditional — in short a style I , a traditionalist, never cared for— and created a room I would really like to live in — magic!